When we first got here Paul couldn't stop wondering aloud, "How hard would it have been to build one going each way?" That was replaced by me asking, while panting, "Why does it need to stop?"
When it is time to switch from down to up (if that was your next question) a two-person team starts at the top and makes sure nobody is on that section and makes the switch. They do this one section at a time all the way down; they probably get to the bottom around 10:30. I've seen it in action. I hang around outside a lot.
I usually force myself to walk even when it's going my way, unless my feet have already given out. It's been my workout.
I took these in the late afternoon. It's much more crowded in the mornings and evenings.
By the way, you might be able to click on the photo to get a much larger one. It works that way on my computer.
Anything else you want to see? I'm taking requests.
2 comments:
You know, I thought I already left a comment, but it never showed up. Perhaps I mistook a q for a g on the word verification. So I'll try to remember what I said.
I did click on the pix, and they do get big on the screen, so I was clearly able to see the 7-11 and all the signs in English. You are in China, right? There are more signs in Cninese in Edison! And now you know why I did so well in my Chinese classes in college. Very accommodating people.
Like Susan, I posted a (substantial!) comment and it never surfaced. I will try and at least resurrect part of it.
We'll call it "Other Public Escalators I have known."
Moscow subway , where you descened about a mile underground to get to the platform.
Monaco . This is just plan laziness in my opinion.
Post a Comment