Sunday, May 4, 2008

Limelight

We went to see a stage performance of Macbeth Saturday night. I did not drag Paul. He went willingly. Neither of us ever saw a Shakespeare play before, so it was interesting. I read Macbeth when I was a sophomore in high school and I remember parts of it vividly, probably because I had a good teacher who impressed it on me. It's amazing how much I recalled as I was watching it.

The performance itself was good, not great, not that I have anything to compare it to. The theater seats were not made for large Americans, so Paul's knees almost blocked his view. The theater was a quick walk from our place, and across the street is the Grand Hyatt on the water. Wow, that's swank. We ate there after the play at a Thai place called JJ's. It was moderately expensive, but what I really want to try is the Italian place there, but that will likely be for a more special occasion. Knowing us, the occasion will be, "Well it cost $45 for pizza, so we might as well pay for something good."

After dinner we went to the hotel bar which had a house band and was pretty lively. Now we know where to go if we miss hearing Shakira or Rihanna and we've got dance fever, while keeping in mind...

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.


Have a great day!

No comments: