Sunday, March 23, 2008

Holiday

I didn't even force Paul to write, I swear! Who knew he is more long-winded than I am. I just struggled my way out of the closet he locked me in while he was writing. I'm joking - there are no closets in Hong Kong.

Happy Easter.

My Easter outfit was a pair of corduroys and a black sweater. It was that or jeans and maybe a beige sweater. It's true; I have been rotating the same three pairs of pants and about six shirts for three weeks as our clothes sit in storage until we move. I might have packed differently if I foresaw the situation. It was barely thirty degrees at home when we left. I don't even have a short sleeve shirt.

To celebrate, we went to a brunch buffet at a place called Cafe Deco. It's not too far from the center of town, except that the journey is straight up, on the Peak. We took a taxi there and our ears were popping. It was a pretty nice place and very family friendly. Paul's coworker suggested it because that's where she was going since she has family visiting, including four nieces and nephews between the ages of three and ten. That's not a hint that family should visit, even with young kids. Yes, it is.

There was unlimited champagne with brunch, so we had more champagne than we've ever had all at once, though two glasses would probably qualify as the most champagne we've ever had at once.

We walked around outside after brunch. The Peak is in every guidebook as something you should see, or the view from the Peak anyway. On a clear day, it is supposed to be very impressive. Today was rather gray, but it is refreshing to be far above all the noise and activity. We took the famous Peak Tram back down to Central, again a vertical journey. There were hoards of tourists going either way. Like all tourist destinations worldwide, we were happy we did it, but I don't expect to do it again for any reason. Except when you all come visit. Yes, you.

And the most important part... PICTURES!!!

That little guy was tasty.

And sorry if my hair disappoints the frizz seekers. My secret: I have been rubbing hand lotion into it. It smells nice too. More impressive is the city behind me.


2 comments:

Rob said...

Hey...next to the red crustacean...do I see a piece of sushi ?? You hate the seaweed....no ??

Nice Photo...your hair is under control...you adapt quickly..

Professor Minceknuckle said...

And on that day, Jesus rose from the dead, and he said "Surf and turf! Sure, let's give it another go!"