Sunday, April 13, 2008

Communications Breakdown

No net. I'm back on smoothies and hanging around Mix Cafe like a public library Internet junkie. The quick story is that we moved in on Sunday, I called the Internet/Cable company Monday, the guy set up an appointment for installation on Wednesday, then he called me back Tuesday and told me there was a problem and his best explanation was that there was not enough cable. Not enough cable? Paul called and spoke to somebody else who said that our building ran phone lines through a certain communications company which is not the company that provides cable TV, so if you want to use another company (which you must if you want cable) they have to apply to the first company to lease their lines or something like that. The bottom line is that it takes a few weeks. So that's where I've been.

Now we're thinking about a slingbox so we wouldn't even get cable, and we could call the company who owns the lines in the building and probably get Internet right away. But then we would have to record programs or something, unless we want to watch whatever is on TV in the early a.m. hours back home. Nothing is easy. We'll try to hook the computer up to the TV later to see if it works anyway before we decide. If anybody has some wisdom on the matter, feel free tp provide it, but Paul will have to read the comments at work and then deliver them to me.

Otherwise, the apartment and things are good. I'll give details when I'm not sitting at a public laptop listening to "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." I don't know. It wasn't even a good version.

Please don't go away!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

W.W.I.D?