It seems almost impossible but it’s been over 3 months since I’ve chimed in on this blog. While my absence has mostly been driven by an extremely hectic work schedule, I was going to create a post right when we returned from Cambodia. However Lisa was concerned that I do not always paint the “right” picture of our trips (oppressive heat, swatting away hawking children like flies, food poisoning – don’t know how I could have gone wrong) so I waited for her to post first. Which ultimately left you waiting… and waiting.
In an effort to post a little more often I’ve decided to not rehash the events Lisa’s already posted, strictly limit myself to 800 words (standard newspaper article size) even if it means a terrible Sopranos like ending, and post at least once a month with a goal of twice . Also I started carrying our camera around more often to show a little more of our day to day lives (but don’t expect too much – they’re not that exciting).
Yesterday was Easter Sunday and we went to an outdoor brunch, poolside at the Grand Hyatt. After deliberating over going back to the Peak where we went last year we decided to try something new. It may have had to do with the fact that the hotel is right in Wan Chai and we were able to stumble home in 10 minutes – but we’ve chosen to believe that the decision was based on our sense of adventure.
Very successful in the Easter egg hunt.
The brunch was a little more upscale than last year’s and even offered unlimited beer or wine, but being the traditionalists we are we stuck to the free flowing Champagne. While the food choices offered lobster tails and escargot I can’t say we were overly impressed and thought that for the most part it was just okay.
No complaints with the dessert menu.
However the staff was attentive and our glasses were never left empty, there was plenty of Haagen-Dazs ice cream, and the weather remained pleasant if not nice, so outside of the threat of Easter ninjas we had a very nice day.
The seldom talked about and rarely seen Easter Ninja.
One other point of note is that on Saturday night we booked a 3 night trip to Beijing in the middle of May. After attempting an adventurous dinner at a Chinese restaurant where there was no English (they had to dig out the one English menu they had which was missing pages) we’ve decided to try and delve a bit more into the local cuisines and try to start traveling along the lines of my new blog philosophy - shorter more frequent trips.
We read about the sweet and sour pork (or Prok as the menu had it) and decided to give the place a try. Unfortunately that dish did not live up to our expectations but we ventured with some grouper and sweet corn that could pull us back to the place.
And let me just wrap up with a quick thanks to everyone who made the time to see us and opened their homes to us on our trip back to the states. Your generosity was greatly appreciated and we’re sorry for those of you that we did not get a chance to catch up with - time flew by a lot faster than we ever could have expected.
Happy Easter and I’ll blog ya’ later.
"The neck and sideburns blend so naturally with the head. I'm telling you, you've got to try my guy. I think that little blond is taking my picture."
Do you have better caption? Anyone who comes up with a better line can win a free week stay in Hong Kong. Certain rules and restrictions apply*.
PS: Lisa and I do compete on the number of comments we get on each post and yes this is a cheap way to generate comments.
* Free stay includes one week on a couch in Wan Chai. All travelling and spending expenses are the responsibility of the winner. Winning caption is decided by me and all decisions are final.

1 comment:
He lives among humans as the quiet mild-mannered bro-in-law to hide his secret identity...SuperWriter!!
Thanks for the long over due bit of entertainment.
Post a Comment