Here we are, back in Hong Kong after a visit home for Christmas. It was great to be home. As much as I enjoy being there, after two trips back so far, I cannot seem to master the art of balancing time. This trip was two days shorter than our March visit, plus Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are automatically occupied, plus we lost a day to snow (and an hour to shoveling it). Combine that with feeling tired for several days due to jet lag, and time flies.
We run around a lot when we are in the homeland, whether to see people who are generous enough to fit us in, or to shop for items from lists we accumulate living in HK. Of course, we don't fly 15 hours to sit around and be lazy, but I hate to feel so time-crunched. There are things we need to do versus things we want to do and no matter how much we actually do, it never seems like we've done enough, spent enough time with people. Then again, I've never had a proper handle on fitting events into a limited time frame.
I don't know if there's a magic formula to accomplish every task, spend enough time with friends and family, eat at Denino's more than once, and feel relaxed and content while doing it all in 12 days, but if there is... maybe next time around. So if we didn't get to see you, or see you more, we're sorry. And if you made time for us, thanks.
At least our flights went without incident. Just long, boring and body-stiffening.
So it's the last day of 2009, and as I look at my blog archive over there to the left, I see I will end the year with 30 posts - half of last year's number of 61. What can I say? I mean, literally, what can I say after living here for almost two years? As we begin 2010, I will try to see Hong Kong anew as in our first days here. It's a worthwhile goal beyond the blog since we won't be seeing Hong Kong for much longer. Stay tuned.
And tomorrow, on New Year's Day, my favorite person turns 40. Only someone so charming and intelligent and handsome could have such a charming and intelligent and adorable younger wife. So happy birthday, Paul. Here's to 40 being even more wonderful than 39, and 39 was pretty wonderful. Written and photographic proof provided.
Happy New Year to you all!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy New Year and a very Happy Happy Birthday Uncle Paul!
We miss you guys!
Glad you guys got back safely. I was tracking the flight online and was going insane 10hrs left..8 hrs left.. I don't know how you do it. Have a wonderful birthday Paul! and Happy New Year!
Hey a new song! Thanks for whatever you did, was really getting tired of horse with no name
Post a Comment