Thursday, September 22, 2011

At the Zoo

We will be missing the Formula 1 races in Singapore this year since we'll be on our way to Africa, but we got to experience it once already, so the call of the wild is louder than the race of motors this year. Perhaps to ready ourselves for the real deal, we went to the Singapore Zoo last weekend. It was the least disappointing thing we've done in Singapore so far. In other words, we had a fun day there. Of course, we were about the only ones without kids, tangible kids anyway.

We had "Breakfast with the Orangutans." You eat breakfast while orangutans hang out on a platform nearby and then you can take pictures with them. We could have saved a lot of money and effort on Borneo! They're just fascinating to watch, and I felt alright about it because these were all rescued from bad situations and are not fit to be returned to the wild. They appeared well-treated and their roaming area is quite surprisingly expansive. Overall, the zoo was well-planned with appropriate habitats and the variety of animals was impressive.

We were proud of ourselves for finally doing something touristy and being there by 9 a.m. as well as finishing up just as the rain came. We took loads of pictures but I'll just post a few highlights, especially since one includes the latest look at the growing belly. I hope our real safari pictures won't be a letdown now. If we fail to capture the animals in Africa, I'll post more shots of the ones from the Singapore Zoo (or maybe I should have held onto these for awhile?).

 That's me in the green shirt


I love this!


Hope our baby's that cute!

That's character

Banana for your thoughts?

No comments: