I met Paul for lunch one day last week and as I sat outside waiting - that's right, I said I was waiting - I watched as people passed and I paid attention to their outfits and I started fantasizing about being reunited with my own wardrobe. The reunion happened yesterday and it was a joyful occasion. Since we have the keys to the J Residence apartment, we had the air shipment, which was sitting in storage, finally delivered there. Our sea shipment, including the bed and other large items, won't be here for another couple of weeks so we will be renting furniture and household goods, right down to forks and spoons. That stuff is arriving Saturday; that's why we aren't moving there until Sunday. It's a good thing we're here for two years. I'm going to spend a month's time packing and unpacking and repacking.
I will send emails with our address. I don't want to write it here and have fans surrounding the place. Some details for those who couldn't access the web site: It's about 48 floors, I think. We will be on the 26th. There is supposedly a "sky clubhouse" which includes a lounge, garden and rooftop pool. We haven't checked it out yet. They're also still working on what looks like multiple restaurants that will be part of a whole dining complex connected to the building. It's a good thing there's also a gym. I did see that. It has beautiful views of the mountains.
As I said, the apartment is TINY. It has what they call an open kitchen, which means it's just out there on view, no walls separating it from the rest of the space (We'll just have to make like Les Nesman). The owner added an island, which is good because the table and chairs we brought would not likely fit. The rear wall of the living room is all window. Then there's the bedroom which has a balcony off the rear wall. The bathroom is off the bedroom. Thats it.
Everything is electric, no gas. It has a washer/dryer in the kitchen. I didn't even know they made washers/dryers in one. I guess that's what product engineers come up with when there's no space. Though I'll be doing laundry every other day because the thing can just about hold a pair of Paul's jeans and a pair of socks, maybe. What's nice is that everything is brand new and unused. Except our stuff. I'll let you know what we must part with.
Here are some photos before we wreck the place by cramming our stuff into it. Somehow, it looks even smaller in the photos.
Living room view from the front door
6 comments:
I keep looking at the picture of your kitchen, trying to figure out where the washer/dryer is.
I've always said Lisa should have done something with her writing talent. I never knew Paul had the same talent. I look forward to reading the posts every day no matter who writes! Like the "caretaker" said who are you people? Lisa and Paul never said much when they lived here, so this is a very pleasant change. By the way Paul, I miss the Doogie thing! Cute kitchen...great excuse to keep eating out!
Hey, I'm not anonymous-I signed my name but it didn't come up.
Rell we're movin on up,to the reast side to a deruxe apartment in the sky...
Forget about the incentive to keep a small waist to fit into your pants...it looks like the doorways could be trouble after a couple of deserts...this is what we need to do in America.
I love your kitchen...seriously...it's sleek
So when you going to start the "Hey let's throw stuff out the window and try and aim for the soccer court!" game?
Post a Comment